- Hiking on the oldest rock formation in Malaysia.
- Walk into Heath Forest and its climate
- Enjoy the Stunning Panoramic View of Langkawi Island from the Top.
- Reach the altitude of 701 above sea level.
- Available Daily but Monday, with minimum 2 person per booking.
- Tour starting at 8.30am, with duration 5 hours approximately.
- Fitness Level : Above average with hilly terrain and some gradient.
Matchincang Cambrian Geopark Forest
This trek will take you to the summit of Mount Matchincang with altitude of 701M above sea level. Visit the stunning weathered limestone & ancient sandstone formations , the first land in what is now SE Asia to emerge from the oceans 550 million years ago and see the unique flora and fauna it supports.
It is a fairly easy trail and take about 2 hours hike to the top. However, it does required high fitness level.
Guide will share his knowledge on Langkawi’s flora and fauna on the way. We hope to see the wildlife that co-habitat this environment such as birds, butterflies and monkeys. At the top we will be rewarded with the wonderful view of the island from the summit.
On the way back to the base of Mount Matchincang, we will stop at one of the jungle stream for a refreshing swim.
Duration of tour very much depend on your fitness level, can vary between 4 hours to 5 hours.
- Recommended Attire: Long sleeve shirts, Long pants, change of clothes, covered shoes or sport shoes, sweater and raincoat, mosquito repellent, Water and snacks.
- Trail is quite steep, there might be fallen trees on the trail and many sharp grass, we strongly recommended to wear long pants.
TOUR RATES WITH RETURN TRANSFERS:
- Price at RM250 per person
We can pick up from and send back to any hotels in Langkawi Island.
Pick up time at 8.00am, meeting point is at your hotel lobby.
- Price at RM200 per person
Pick up is not included in the price, meeting point is at 7 Wells Waterfall
We recommend to take GRAB LANGKAWI and depart from your accommodation by 8.00am.
We start at 8.30am.
- English Speaking Trekking Guide
- Bottle water, Snack and Coffee.
What’s Not Included:
- Return Transfer
- Any Items Not Mentioned
- Personal Expenses