ECO WALK: Keep Langkawi Wild a Langkawi Nature Festival event.
Eco Walk a key event of the Langkawi Nature Festival is to be an exciting and meaningful walk for anyone wanting to participate in the conservation of Langkawi’s natural heritage and to ‘Keep Langkawi Wild”. This Eco Walk is open to anyone both local and foreign guests who are keen to get their walking shoes on and hike for conservation of Langkawi’s Natural Heritage. Participants will walk 13km to the summit of Gunung Raya, the highest peak of Langkawi. This Eco Walk offers enthusiastic walkers the chance to experience a breathtaking walk over the picturesque island archipelago and in doing so we hope to raise awareness for the conservation of the island’s natural heritage.
You and your friends can choose to participate in either a midway (7km) or summit walk (13km) .
What’s provided prior to the event:
- Full event pack upon registering
- Full event plans throughout the build up to the event
What’s provided on the event:
- Medical support team
- Complete safety back up
- Power stations along the route with, drinks, support, big smiles and encouragement
- Walk for Nature T-shirt)
What’s provided after the event:
- Walk for Nature certificates emailed to you after the event
Friday 23rd November 2012
- 06:00 AM – Sign-in opens at the base of Gunung Raya. Follow the ECO WALK signs. Breakfast (local)will be served along with tea and coffee giving you a bit of extra energy for the start of the day! You will need to be signed in by 0700hrs. Please do come prepared for the walk with the necessary kit for all weathers!
- 07:15 AM – Sign-in closes. All walkers will need to gather for the opening ceremony and a warm-up! Please allow yourself plenty of time to get to the venue, sign-in and have your breakfast so you are ready to gather at 0745hrs.
- 07:45 AM – FLAG OFF
Please do come prepared for the walk with the necessary kit for all weathers
- 10:15 AM – Big cheers all round as the first expected walkers to arrive at the summit and a huge congratulation, refreshments and their well deserved ECO WALK t-shirt.
- 11:45 AM – This is the time that we expect the final walkers to cross the line after 13km of endurance walking. To walk this distance is undoubtedly a huge achievement.
- 12:45 AM – Although there is no time limit for the walk, this is the time that we expect the final walkers to cross the line after completing 13km of endurance walking. To walk to the summit is undoubtedly a huge achievement.
Why not get your family and friends to come and meet you and cheer you over the finish line? They can also then drive you home as we recommend that you don’t drive a long distance after completing this challenge.
In future, our children will not only remember us for what we have created but also for what we had refused to destroy. “Keep Langkawi Wild”