- Enjoy observing Langkawi’s wild birds in its natural habitat.
- Immerse in Langkawi natural landscape and surrounding.
- Good chance to check √ your list and achieve your target birds.
- Get good photograph of Langkawi’s birds and landscape in your lens
- Birders can write in advance and let us know the target birds.
- Tour Available on TUESDAY & THURSDAY from November to April
- Choose either MORNING departure at 7:30 am to 11.30am
- or AFTERNOON departure (3:30 pm to 7.30pm)
- Rate at RM250 per person per session – 4 hours inclusive transfers
- Minimum 2 adults per booking. Not recommended for children.
- For serious birder, 2 days birdwatching trip (4 sessions) is also available with minimum 2 persons per booking
Langkawi is home to approximately 267 species of birds, of which about one-third are migrants. These migrants winter here between the months of November to April. Outside these months, we will still get to see the resident birds.
The most suitable time to observe birds at the equator is either early morning or early evening when they are most active. This tour is suitable for both the serious birder and the birding enthusiast. This half-day tour is spread over two sessions. You can either do them both or the one you most prefer.
Please inquire 7 days in advance.
Morning Session : Time: 7.30am – 11.30am
Habitat: Rainforest Corridor, Mangrove Forest, Plantation
The open corridor between the rainforest is best for observing rainforest birds. Among the birds we may see are Flower Peckers, Hill Mynas, Dollarbirds, Green Pigeons, Drongos, Tailorbirds, Babblers, Bulbuls, Sunbirds, Eagles, Woodpeckers and Oriental-pied Hornbills.
Our next destination takes us to a mangrove forest to search out the Brown-winged Kingfisher, Collared Kingfisher, Black-capped Kingfisher, White-bellied Sea Eagle, Brahminy Kite, Common Sandpiper and Little Heron.
Finally we make our way to plantations where we may get to see Blue-throated Bee-eaters, Chestnut-headed Bee-eaters, Blue-tailed Bee-eaters, Peaceful Doves and Spotted Doves. Return to hotel before noon.
Please inquire 7 days in advance.
Afternoon Session : Time: 3.30pm – 7.30pm
Habitat: Wetland, Disturb Forest, Mountain Rainforest
We begin this session with a short drive to a local village pond that is frequented by Lesser Whistling-Ducks, Little Egrets, Little Herons, Moorhens, Little Grebes, Pond Herons, Needle-tailed Swifts and Striated Swallows.
Along the way we make a stop at Paddy field in search of birds associated with this habitat. We may get to see Lapwings, Pond Herons, Egrets, Bitterns, White-throated Kingfisher and Plain-backed Sparrows.
We then drive to the highest peak in Langkawi to see Great Hornbills, Wreathed Hornbills and other rainforest species. These amazing birds will be the highlight of the trip. The Great Hornbills measuring 1.3meters (4 feet) from tip of beak to tip of tail, are the largest birds in Langkawi. Return to hotel.
- Please inquire at least 7 days in advance.
- Morning session pick up time by 7.30am.
- Afternoon session pick up time by 3.30pm
- Tour Duration: 4 hours approximately.
- Recommended Attire: Long sleeve shirts, Long pants, walking shoes, hat and good sun protection, keep to earth colors like green brown or black and avoid bright colors like red, yellow, and white.
- Required moderate fitness level, there will be some short walk.
- Not suitable for children below 12 years old.
Note: Junglewalla subscribes to the Birdlife International Guidelines for Best Practices on Bird Tourism for this tour. We promise to do our very best to get your target birds but we will not participate in feeding, bait and bird calls.
- Return Transfers
- English-Speaking Nature Guide
- Insurance Coverage
- Bottle water
- Binocular to use (we advise to bring your own)
What’s Not Included:
- Any Items Not Mentioned
- Personal Expenses